We provide cutting edge services for all adult and pediatric urologic problems, including:
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
We employ multiple technologies for the treatment of prostate blockages. We have been world leaders in developing the Greenlight laser technology, and performed the original FDA clinical trials in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic. We were the first in the country to use the latest high powered 180 watt XPS Greenalight laser. Dr Hai serves on advisory boards for the Greenlight laser.
Read About It:
To read more about Dr. Hai's use of lasers in the treatment of BPH in the Enlarged/BPH Treatment journal of articles, click here. This article is the first major published report about the effectiveness of the laser done in collaboration with the Mayo clinic. Numerous other reports and articles can be found at the laserscope website: www.laserscope.com.
- Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Control Problems
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Male infertility
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Kidney Cancer
We employ Holmium lasers and ESWL (extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy) for kidney stone treatment.
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation to improve bladder control, reduce pain and optimize urination.
Our options for treatment include surgery, Robotic surgery, radiation therapy (including seed implants or brachytherapy) and hormone ablation. We work with a multidisciplinary Genitourinary Tumor Board at the several Cancer Centers for challenging oncology cases and a multidisciplinary approach.
- Robotic surgery for prostate, bladder and kidney tumors
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Uroplasty: nerve modulation of the Tibial nerve done weekly to improve urinary symptoms from an overactive bladder.
- State-of-the-art treatments for female and male incontinence:
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation, lifestyle changes
- Medications, including creams
- Botox injections, Interstim implants (nerve neuromodulation)
- Various surgical treatments for incontinence. Many are done as an outpatient, but must be tailored to each individual person.
Common office procedures:
Our urologic laboratory is outfitted with the following diagnostic and treatment equipment:
- State-of-the-art Ultrasound machine for renal, pelvic, testicular and prostate ultrasounds and biopsies
- Flexible cystoscopy with live video equipment to allow diagnosis with minimal patient discomfort.
- Full urodynamic computers and diagnostic equipment
- Procedure room for vasectomies, biopsies and other minor procedures
These procedures are done in our office with a local anesthetic. A Registered Nurse is always on hand to assist the physicians and the patients. Our highly trained clinical staff also includes a radiology technician and medical assistants.
Intra-Op Cystoscope PicturesIn our effort to minimize patient discomfort, we are providing samples and descriptions of cystoscope pictures to familiarize you with what we see during the procedure. Please click on the thumbnail below to view the full picture.
As part of our continuing effort to provide exemplary treatment, we offer patient instruction sheets for self-treatment after your urologic surgery or procedure.